- It is common to feel some pain or experience swelling and bleeding after the surgery. You may also experience a loss of feeling or your tooth may feel as if it is loose.
- Take all prescribed medications as ordered.
- The day of the surgery, keep an ice pack on the surgical site. You should leave it on for 10 minutes then take it off for 5 minutes until bedtime.
- Do not miss the follow-up appointment so your sutures can be removed.
- Do not try lifting the lips to see the surgical site.
- You can brush your teeth in all areas of the mouth except the surgical site. Do not brush the site of surgery.
- Do not spit or drink from a straw the day of surgery.
- Stop smoking for at least a few days after surgery.
If you are concerned about anything or have questions, do not hesitate to give our office a call. If you experience an emergency, call 911.